Author Topic: Please guys, read this  (Read 1335 times)

Offline FabianGothman

• [SiK] Member
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +4/-2
  • Success is a way, not a destination.
    • View Profile
Please guys, read this
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
I can say that after watching this video my life changed, I hope to open your eyes guys with the same video, and turn your back to this system absurd, slavish and unhappy ...
Really no I don't have words for this.

Link -> Story of Stuff (2007, OFFICIAL Version) .

Tell me your conclusions ...

Success is a way, not a destination

Offline Clark_Kent

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Please guys, read this
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »
Although I know much of this already, it is very well explained, and in a educational way. Everybody should see this.
I think we have too many people just running along with the system, buying useless stuff or stuff thats engineered to broke at a very early age.
I know that a lot of engineers have orders to not engineer stuff too good and are forced to weaken their design so it will break earlier. Thats just sick.
I will refuse to do that when I'm done with school.

For starters A good Idea is to buy quality stuff and take care of it, that way many stuff will have a good second hand value.
One really sick thing in Sweden is that if you buy a simple computer printer with included inc, when your out of inc its cheaper to buy a new printer than refilling with inc...

All new cellphones and other electrical stuff have a non changeable battery, and the battery is designed to last only maybe a year. and you break your warranty if you change it yourself. Its designed for the trash-bin. One of the reasons I stick with my NOKIA 3310 :P

Post Merge: July 08, 2012, 03:44:19 AM
And one moar thing, convert all your vehicles (IRL) to run on E85! or even better E100 and brew your own cheap environmental friendly racing fuel!, start with your lawnmower :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:45:59 AM by Clark_Kent »

Offline [MgC]WingedBull

• [MgC] Member
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-0
  • Multi Gaming Collective
    • View Profile
Re: Please guys, read this
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
Exaggeration of the Americans, I'm used to this after a while. Naive people believe this shit because she uses difficult words and speaks straight to the citizens, and not the corporations.

Well, I stopped watching after she started talking about the chemical things. She's right, maybe I just didn't want to see it because there is nothing we can do?

anything