Author Topic: Biography: Grim Reeper  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Sexmaniac

• [SiK] Member
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +1024/-4
    • View Profile
    • SiK - Speed is king - MTA Racing community!
Re: [SiK]Grim_Reeper
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 06:26:49 AM »
Hum....those Volvo's S40 2002 2.0T cars are here in Holland much cheaper, and are around 7500 euro.
http://www.autoscout24.nl/Details.aspx?id=ckjdpqafvpxi

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 07:25:17 AM »
some of your friends or family has a honda nsx?
I have not ever been seen in Italy because there were only 169 sold.

Turtle fast :D
Ty sex :)

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
  • :) How are you :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »
Can rims affect the performance ?
Nope only handling slighty depending on what sort of width the tyres are and other stuffs like that.
I try to take care and put the best spark plugs that are available in normal shops, but I think there are higher-performance online (maybe)?
Those will be fine your only supposed to go up in spark plug size with lots of work done to an engine
If I were to sell it, what would you recommend getting?
I would probably buy some sort of Toyota preferably something with either a 1jz or a 2jz in it, these engines are amazing you can get them either with or without a turbo either way they do something when you put your foot on the floor, or if your in a fuel saving mood they can be equally as nice to your wallet.

For your ride quality that will have to be done by you probably at a suspension store, I can't recommend anything as it may not fit, I don't know what sort of suspension would fit in your car :P

Brakes are the same, but most people just change their brake rotors and get bigger calipers for more stopping force to be applied to the rotor.

I would say go get a mild tune first, and find some forums that are based around your car model, these are full of information/parts/group buys for parts and usually nice people :P
This one seems pretty active and is aimed at volvo's in general:
http://volvoforums.com/forum/
Also ask your old school mechanic mate he would be able to point you in the right direction as I don't know too much about volvo's :(

Thanks a lot bro, really opened me to some new ideas. I will have a look and see what my buddy says. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was busy around work

I just talked to my buddy. He said I should buy a 2002-2005 Saab 9-3 2.0T...They run for about $4,000-8,000...I can probably sell my car for around there too. It also has a 1.9/2.0liter engine as the volvo, but it has 210HP over the 160 the volvo has and 220lb of torque....Seem like a good idea?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:07:08 PM by [SiK]diod »

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 05:40:57 AM »
you a long way with the car?
if you seek performance choose a petrol car

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »
They are both petrol... :)

Today I had some trouble starting the engine...It would just keep turning over for 30 seconds, then it started....

Maybe spark plugs or wires or maybe something with fuel management?

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:45:41 AM »
May be starter motor as well.

My next door neighbour used to have one of those saab's they seem pretty alright for what I seen of it.

Sorry I didn't reply been camping over the long weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
Grim as it says should be the starter
if the engine runs slowly can also be a problem of battery

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »
It is not the battery, because the car cranks like new...

I talked to my mechanic, and he said it could be a number of things. I changed the spark plugs and its still going it. It does not always happen, usually when its cold, but not always. It never happens if its warm. My mechanic suggested I put some better fuel, run an injector cleaner and run it on high RPMS to clean up the gunk in the engine. He told me If I continue to drive it like this the worst that can happen is the failing component could fail causing the car not to be able to start...

I just tried and it fired right up..Really weird.

Anyway I researched those Saabs...I found a 2005 one, looks really nice with leather, sunroof, navigation, and good hp and engine. Only problem I heard they are a lot of $ to fix but they don't have many problems (the 9-3 model) I am interested to test drive it and see how it is ;)

Offline asablic

• Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
If you have a multimeter, test your alternator.
I had problems with starting my car before and had to replace it.

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:11 PM »
It is not the battery guys, I already checked for both voltage, current and if alternator is working.
It has 13.8 voltage when running, and 12.8 when off. It is a van battery, its too much for the car...but I use it cause I have some powerful inverter inside when I go up north for periods of time, it can hold good amount of power

Edit: Haha, to my luck, they just added better gas at my local station! The gas before was 87 octane, 89, 91. Now they put 94 (its very expensive) $1.50 dollar...

I added some of that, put some injector cleaner, ran it on 3rd gear on the highway on high 5000 rpm, and now it starts great...Must have been built up gunk.

Still looking at the Saabs to see if I could get one...I do hear their a lot for repairs : (
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:46:31 PM by [SiK]diod »

anything