Author Topic: Biography: Grim Reeper  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
Biography: Grim Reeper
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:26 AM »
I've noticed that Demi is really the only other person that's posted in here and that post looks quite lonely :P

I urge others to jump in and post theirs as it helps other people get to know us and feel more at home with us as a clan, don't be scared you can put as little info on yourself as you like!

Hi, my real name is Haydn I am 21 years of age and currently reside in Queensland, Australia.
I don't have a job atm cause i'm awesome (don't be influenced by this having no money sucks lol), as described in another post somewhere I am one of the founders/co-founders whatever you would like to call me of SiK. When talking to people I don't really like idiots (most people don't lol) but what I mean in this is my conversations/getting to know people is based on respect, I will show you as much respect depending on how much you show me, the same goes the other way around if you show me lots of respect I will indeed show you it back.

I currently have a pc which I am obviously typing from now and an xbox360, am also interested in almost any game except for shitty mmo's like WoW especially racing games though. I guess you could call me a car enthusiast (hoon :P) of some sort, I love old cars and will forever and skids/burnouts/drifting/working on them in any aspect, I believe a majority of nowadays cars look like shit as i'm all for the boxy looking shape of them not the roundness. This is also why I play racing games for the love of cars, I also have a very big liking in planes mostly because they are like birds and can fly. The diablo series will almost be my fav pc games of all time, I hope Diablo 3 does not let me down on this :P

Here is a pic that certainly represents me in a sarcastic way:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=26382038

Muhahahaha!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:21:28 PM by 1thwonder »

-------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sexmaniac

• [SiK] Member
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +1024/-4
    • View Profile
    • SiK - Speed is king - MTA Racing community!
Re: [SiK]Grim_Reeper
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »
Yo Grim, nice bio!
Fun to read you like old cars. On the pic you see one of my old cars (Don?t have the car anymore).  It was a Chevrolet caprice classic. Unfortunately I don?t have the exact specs anymore. I used the car for some drag races and other weird stuff :)

[/URL]

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »

Turtle fast :D
Ty sex :)

Offline Sexmaniac

• [SiK] Member
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +1024/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Caprice  :D
lol, I know that site Gui, but this car was tunned, and had an special spaghetti exhaust.

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
what happened to this machine?

Offline Sexmaniac

• [SiK] Member
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +1024/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
He died in the heat of battle     >:C R.I.P. >:C

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
American horses.
Only V8 engine  ;)

Offline Sexmaniac

• [SiK] Member
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +1024/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »
American horses.
Only V8 engine  ;)

Better a V8 than a 16V

Btw, it was a V8 5.7 liter

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
Wow dude that car is fkn amazing! I've never seen one of those before cheers for showing me that man.

I currently have one of these
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8468/dsc01737eu3.jpg
I chose this pic because it accurately represents mine as it sits it just has a wing at the rear, mine does not. It's a 1988 Toyota Soarer MZ20 with a 7m-gte engine. Mine in particular has HKS 264 cams (which I think is second biggest you can put in these), adjustable cam gearing, metal head gasket, ARP head studs (because these bloody heads on these engines blow their head gaskets or warp/crack really easily) and was rebuilt in japan.

I have been slowly working on it for a couple of years just needs some funds behind it and it will be going. It seems to have a gasket leak coming from the front of the exhaust manifold and one at the rear turbo housing, it's in good shape for an older car doesn't have much rust at all just needs a little bit of work which i'll get round to one day as I can't give up on this car it's too beautiful to me :D

I also have a shitty holden vs commodore ute sitting outside but like a typical commodore everything got too much for it and some of it's lifters got stuck/bent.

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »
OMG you have a JDM car  :o
I love japan car and I love you  ;)

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
  • :) How are you :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
I just have a quick question.....Seeing you guys are really into cars

I have a 2002 Volvo S40 1.9 liter turbo with 200,000km. The only thing I've ever done on it is: oil change, air filter change, new tires, rotations, and timing belt replacement...

I want something quicker...it does 0-100kph in 7 something seconds, no tuning. If I wanted something faster, would it be a good idea to invest money in this car, or get a different one all together? I am not sure how strong it will hold up, but I think the engine is ok for now. The body has almost no rust, just a few in stupid places but it does not really make a difference with the amount there is.

If its better to tune/mod it, what would you guys suggest to do to it?

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
If you're going to keep something you can do.
In a turbo engine is very easy to increase the power...increasing the pressure of the turbine via the control unit.
Then go intake and exhaust  ;)

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
Well it's good you've been doing just the basic services and stuff to it alot of people will look at this when they're buying a car especially if it's log booked, but i'm going to be honest with you, every aftermarket part you put on a car you will definitely lose money in it, say you were to buy something like a giant turbo or camwork worth $1,400 your effictively only going to get about $3-$400 for that work plus if your paying a mechanic to do all this they charge arms and legs for labour so you lose lots more on it. There's not much point on going genuine with cars because it costs way too much for a part from the dealer anyways! The only real way I can see investments in cars is making them look clean before a sale, or if your a panelbeater buying crashed cars and repairing them to stock for crap all.

Fucking hell man I didn't realise how expensive the car you have is lolll I looked on here:
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/results?sort=default&N=4294938350%204294842675%204294938350%204294842675%202994&eapi=2&vertical=Car&silo=Spec&Range=Year%3a2002%2c2002

It all depends on the type of people your thinking of selling it to, are the people that live around you more family orientated? are they just old people? or just young lads that love quick cars? I would have a car that's really more stock for a family car and seeing as yours does 0-100 in that time theres still plenty of engine there, just the 1.9l is a bit of a let-down :P. Old people don't really give a shit so long as it drives fine, if your looking at selling to a younger sort of generation a performance chip can certainly be installed onto your ECU easily for not too much cash if you can find one, these can increase KW's/HP alot in most cars, along with a good tune on a dyno i'd say you could easily get 0-100 in the higher end of 6.

If your scared about the engine holding up take it to some mechs and ask them to do just a compression test of all the cylinders and for him to tell you if he thinks it's running like carp or good, just make sure it's a good mechanic and he's not gonna rip ya. Smaller mods can also make the car look better and do big things, check on a MSD blaster pack for your car and definitely change your spark plugs and leads! I would probably get much bigger leads. just increasing spark + ignition can give you like 5KW at the least.

Oh an exhaust and some rims that suit the car could definitely improve the cars pricing if they suit the car. I believe rims are the difference between a car looking shit and it looking good so always try before buying.

Offline [SiK]diod

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +2/-1
  • :) How are you :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Giuvannru and Grim...

Yes, my neighbor hood is mostly family oriented, however there isn't any old people. I see many driving BMW's, Audi's, Merc's and sporty ones too. I might be able to sell it...

If I were to sell it, what would you recommend getting? I still need something that's at-least decent on gas...Btw, I know the rims are a big selling power, but the rims on the car currently look pretty nice, if I wash it they look better. Their the stock volvo rims. Can rims affect the performance ? If they can I can look into replacing those too..  I don't think Volvos are known for their 0-100, but 100-180 is much faster then most cars I have driven. I get about 6-7liters on highway, and 7-9 liters in city (depending on summer/winter)...My friend who is an old school mechanic looked at it a while back, when I brought it to his shop, and he told me that the engine is running perfect and I should not consider even taking it to the dealer for anything, just to do the regular stuff on it. I try to take care and put the best spark plugs that are available in normal shops, but I think there are higher-performance online (maybe)? I am looking for something thats a little bit quicker... So I could do with some modding on this to get it to go 5-6 seconds... I don't need to race :P Another factor that I bothers me is that the car is very stiff. Its very low, great on turns, but the suspension is stiff as a rock, and has always been. I like smoother rides, like my wife's mercedes. For the best price/performance boost and something that would make the ride quality softer, what would you recommend? BTW, the exhaust is still stock, I owned a different car and sold that, and surprisingly that car's exhaust went over the time I had it vs this one... Another thing I've noticed is that the breaks on it are not as good as my wifes car. Hers are always very pumped and you don't need to press a lot for the car to stop. My car is crappier at breaking, and I had the breaks replaced with premium ones...What should I do for that?

I have about $5,000 to spend on it max....So what would be best for all the things I want? (Faster, Softer, better at breaking ?)

BTW, I don't know much about the ECU, or anything, so I would have to have that all done else where...I need some direction so I don't walk into an Auto shop, notice that I don't know much about cars and get burned for no improvements what so ever.

Thanks...

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
Can rims affect the performance ?
Nope only handling slighty depending on what sort of width the tyres are and other stuffs like that.
I try to take care and put the best spark plugs that are available in normal shops, but I think there are higher-performance online (maybe)?
Those will be fine your only supposed to go up in spark plug size with lots of work done to an engine
If I were to sell it, what would you recommend getting?
I would probably buy some sort of Toyota preferably something with either a 1jz or a 2jz in it, these engines are amazing you can get them either with or without a turbo either way they do something when you put your foot on the floor, or if your in a fuel saving mood they can be equally as nice to your wallet.

For your ride quality that will have to be done by you probably at a suspension store, I can't recommend anything as it may not fit, I don't know what sort of suspension would fit in your car :P

Brakes are the same, but most people just change their brake rotors and get bigger calipers for more stopping force to be applied to the rotor.

I would say go get a mild tune first, and find some forums that are based around your car model, these are full of information/parts/group buys for parts and usually nice people :P
This one seems pretty active and is aimed at volvo's in general:
http://volvoforums.com/forum/
Also ask your old school mechanic mate he would be able to point you in the right direction as I don't know too much about volvo's :(