Author Topic: Hints that might help you improve.  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
Hints that might help you improve.
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
Some driving hints, most of which run through my mind when racing in MTA Race:

-Drive inside to outside, cutting the corner as close as you can without crashing and ending up as close to the outside wall as you can while accelerating.
-I don't know why but I normally have music playing in Winamp, which sometimes helps me to drive.
-Get to know where your driving on the map, keeping glances at the map every know and then.
-Know what the car your driving handles like. (how heavy it is, how much handbrake/brakes are needed for corners)
-Going sideways looks cool but decreases speed.
-Look through the corners.
-Try and avoid obstacles, for example if your drifting into a pole apply more brakes and prevent the crash if you can.
-On most maps with NOS there is a certain point where it is perfect to use the shot. (normally on the corner after the NOS bottle, as NOS only increases acceleration, not speed)
-When going over jumps rotate your car in mid air to try and land it as flat as the ground below.

Feel free to add your own driving techniques  8)

-------------------------------------------------------

DragonMaster

Re: Hints that might help you improve.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »
Somehow a stiff keyboard helps me. I don't know why.

Offline DemonSeed

• Facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
  • Don't try to force your PC dick down my throat.
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
Somehow a stiff helps me. I don't know why.

lol
Created by 1thwonder

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:02:06 AM »
Lmfao.

-------------------------------------------------------

TD Mystic

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »
-if you're gonna overtake someone,do it on a wide open road and at all costs avoid touching them
if you do touch them,there's a fairly good opportunity one of you will crash.
ironically it is usuallly the one with the biggest lag who drives away with his car intact.

-my number one rule: always be aware of the fact that you are playing with real people:
 *You can't try again if you fail
 *some people will do very unexpected things
 *The race of the guy next to you is just as important as yours. Even if you won't be able to win, always try to make sure other people can enjoy racing too.

examples of what i do:
-if there is someone behind you with nitro who's about to overtake you, go to the left or the right to make sure he can pass smoothly
-If you're with 2 or more people in the same corner, take the big outside line or use the tight inside line based on your position when entering the corner. Racing lines are great and the fastest way to finish a track, but you can't use them unless you're the only one in the corner or you're an asshole who doesn't care about his fellow player.
-Have fun ;) I'd rather have a very good and close race and finish 2nd then speeding away at the start and being in 1st place for the entire race. that's boring!

And offcourse: the infamous air control  ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgrv5iTsSM

Ps: this is one of my naughty little tricks,don't tell anyone about it:
if you're on a bike and you need to turn,lean BACK, yes, you read it right, lean back :p this may sound strange but just try it out and you'll see what i mean ;) it allows you to take corners with less degrees than you're normally allowed full speed .

DragonMaster

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:36 AM »
Nice tips.

KillFrenzy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:25:01 AM »
Lag control:
- Don't drive directly behind the person, or risk getting lag knocked out.
- Don't stay directly beside the person, because he cannot see you when you do cause of lag. It can cause massacres at turns.
- Don't be too aggressive at overtaking at turns when taking the inside. You may get knocked into the inside corner or into some stupid pole.

Maps:
- Get to know the map. This is needed if you're going to get a highscore, so you know how every corner is like.
- Avoid poles at all cost. If you know it'd be difficult to squeeze in between a pole and a corner, don't do it.

General:
- Like Grim_Reeper said, when approaching a corner, start on the outside of the road, then the inside nearly hitting the corner, and back outside. This would ensure minimal speed is lost in a corner.
- Don't drift unless a sudden unexpected turn is needed. It's cool but slower.
- Use your brakes at the beginning of the turn, not in the middle of it. You should be accelerating by the middle of the turn.
- Use NOS on turny sections, not perfectly straight sections. Like Grim_Reeper said, it only boosts acceleration.

Cars:
- Super GT: Let go of the acceleration before it starts going out of control. Do not oversteer as well. For newbies, don't accelerate while turning.
- Elegy: Try not to drift with this car, it's way slower when drifting.

Jumping:
- Cars: Always land on all four wheels at the same time by maneuvering the car in mid air. To do this, let go of the accelerator and use the arrow keys. You can also turn the enter car in mid air by holding handbrake and using the arrow keys. This would reduce the chance of spinning out upon landing.
- Bike: Always land on both wheels at the same time (except for Go Fast FTW). It'll also reduce the chance of spinning out.

Some of these are already mentioned by Grim_Reeper though I think. Also, avoid knocking others out and have a good time racing like Grim said :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:35:55 PM by DemonSeed »

DragonMaster

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:06:06 AM »
I got one.

Don't talk while racing.
Don't drink drive. (It's True.)

Offline Demiveil

• Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 04:43:10 AM »
What would you know about Drinking and Driving...?

KillFrenzy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »
What would you know about Drinking and Driving...?
It's illegal, that's one thing :P

Offline DemonSeed

• Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 09:38:07 AM »
Like DemonSeed said, .
Like DemonSeed said,
Some of these are already mentioned by DemonSeed though I think.

all i said was "lol" o.O
Created by 1thwonder

KillFrenzy

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 10:09:52 AM »
Rofl.. I never new I typed that so many times. Ahh well :)

Offline DemonSeed

• Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »
Some driving hints, most of which run through my mind when racing in MTA Race:

-Drive inside to outside, cutting the corner as close as you can without crashing and ending up as close to the outside wall as you can while accelerating.
-I don't know why but I normally have music playing in Winamp, which sometimes helps me to drive.
-Get to know where your driving on the map, keeping glances at the map every know and then.
-Know what the car your driving handles like. (how heavy it is, how much handbrake/brakes are needed for corners)
-Going sideways looks cool but decreases speed.
-Look through the corners.
-Try and avoid obstacles, for example if your drifting into a pole apply more brakes and prevent the crash if you can.
-On most maps with NOS there is a certain point where it is perfect to use the shot. (normally on the corner after the NOS bottle, as NOS only increases acceleration, not speed)
-When going over jumps rotate your car in mid air to try and land it as flat as the ground below.

Feel free to add your own driving techniques  8)

Hehe, actually I never look through corners, done all by memory :P
I think thats better that way, don't have to waste time looking when you already have a idea how the turn is like.

And NOS actually makes your handling worse, some cars it's really hard to keep the car straight, and in some maps it's best not to use the NOS at all, for example ....................I forgot
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:59:35 PM by DemonSeed »
Created by 1thwonder

Offline RaO

• Nub
  • Yay or Nay +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • RaO 's Mixes
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:41 PM »
Ye i use my memory too.I dont remember much tips,cause i haven't time to play mta.My school this year is really hard.Maybe this weekend i find time to it.

Offline Full_Metal

• OM
  • [SiK] Member
  • Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +9/-1
  • Awesome One
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 09:58:06 PM »
fuck memory, you fuck the corner who cares, its only more fun

From the mutilated burnt carcass of PHS, SiK arose from the ashes to conquer, destroy and decimate any opposing opposition that came in it's way.
This reign of terror has lasted for 10 glorious years.
And will continue to do so for many more.

anything
anything