Author Topic: If MTA would have prized tournaments - would you come back?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Dan12345

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +1/-11
    • View Profile
If MTA would have prized tournaments - would you come back?
« on: September 01, 2023, 02:14:24 AM »
That's an interesting question that I wanted to ask y'all:

If MTA would have prized tournaments (prize pool total example: 10 000$ (5 000$ for first place, etc) would you be down to come back and play the game?

• If this kind of tournament would've been made, would you like to have it on Old School Rules (old racing meta that was present since the beginning in 2011 and ended in 2018/19 where you would train the maps in order to master them, instead of not knowing which one you would actually play)
  • All prize pool money would be divided for org and for players
  • And little trophies would be sent out for winners or 2nd and 3rd places (maybe even medals)

That's what I wanted to ask, because racing in this MTA game would be a very interesting thing to watch if popular like CS

What are your thoughts on this? What would you make competitive racing "better" in your opinion.

Offline KacPower

• [SiK] Member
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +4/-1
    • View Profile
Re: If MTA would have prized tournaments - would you come back?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 09:17:21 AM »
It's really difficult question. People will quickly get used to the convenience. The best example is changing clan wars style from trained maps to random vanilla ones. At the beginning everyone was glad and played a lot of cws cause no one needed time to train etc. just pure rivalization. Within 2-3 years that style of competing has been starting to bore each other. Now when you play cw only 3 players are on the server as spectators. In the past when SKC, SiK or SGA played cws over 40 players came and joined the server just to watch rivalization. Huge difference in the values of cw's.

In answer to your question i think that giving prize for winning a tournament would end similarly to changes in cw style. People will just stop playing any minor tournaments cause they wouldn't be worth of their time. Create and promote one and only one tournay where will be prize pool would be great and enough;p. Players would focus on this event and they would know that there will be a lot of players and good competition would be expected without losing willingness to play smaller tournays.

About prize i think that trophies or medals would be much better option than money. Trophies would remind you about that event. The money would be spent and the question of getting them would be forgotten.

Offline Dan12345

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +1/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 05:18:56 AM »
It's really difficult question. People will quickly get used to the convenience. The best example is changing clan wars style from trained maps to random vanilla ones. At the beginning everyone was glad and played a lot of cws cause no one needed time to train etc. just pure rivalization. Within 2-3 years that style of competing has been starting to bore each other. Now when you play cw only 3 players are on the server as spectators. In the past when SKC, SiK or SGA played cws over 40 players came and joined the server just to watch rivalization. Huge difference in the values of cw's.

In answer to your question i think that giving prize for winning a tournament would end similarly to changes in cw style. People will just stop playing any minor tournaments cause they wouldn't be worth of their time. Create and promote one and only one tournay where will be prize pool would be great and enough;p. Players would focus on this event and they would know that there will be a lot of players and good competition would be expected without losing willingness to play smaller tournays.

About prize i think that trophies or medals would be much better option than money. Trophies would remind you about that event. The money would be spent and the question of getting them would be forgotten.

Great answer, however I wonder how games like CS:GO survive (yes I know about their big fan base) without getting boring? Tournaments are with same maps in the pool for many years, but people still tend to play it and enjoy it

Offline DemonSeed

• Facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
  • Don't try to force your PC dick down my throat.
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 05:27:52 AM »
I would not, don't care about the money.

And I quit ages ago because in order to race at a high level you need to practice for hours every day, also it was pretty stressful.
Created by 1thwonder