Author Topic: Killfrenzy  (Read 3505 times)

KillFrenzy

Killfrenzy
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
Most of you who've played for a really long time all should be familiar with me.. I've played heaps and heaps in the past. I don't play much anymore today, mainly because I'm going through what you call in Australia, NSW.. the HSC... just put it simply, Year 12. Lets see..

I'm 17 years old. I live in Australia. I first played MTA:Race in like the year 2006. I thought up of the name 'KillFrenzy' from GTA2 when deciding what name to use online. The first person I met was Grish I believe, who was hosting his own server on a 128k upload connection, lol. I was invited into my first clan [alr], good ol' buddies, and good ol' Evil_Gnomes. He used to call me a noob everytime he saw me cause I hit an easily dogable barrel one day. Then I said something along the lines of "Just because I drove into a barrel, doesn't mean I'm a noob". He laughed it off, and soon later invited me into alr.

The DRuG server was up sometime around this time. I switched to the DRuG server when there was no-one in Grish's server. Well, I've played with them for quite a while. Then Grish asked Nikt to invite me into [DRuG] after playing with them for so long, and that's how I got in. Sometime after this point, I got broadband. Yes, I had dial-up the entire time before. Then Nikt put up some good ol' forums, almost standing at one year old. Make sure to say happy birthday to Nikt's forums on the 28th of July. I discovered SA:MP sometime when I still had dialup and played it a bit, along with MTA:Race.

Then the MTA:Race crysis. Player numbers started dying down. When I looked at the player count for SA:MP, I immediately knew why. However, I hung on MTA:Race, until the numbers were just too low. So I went on a search for alternate servers in SA:MP, cause the people in PTGN were such asses. I found this server called 'Aussie GameServer', where a few of us guys were there, and also had their own clan. Well, I've been playing on that server since then. I occasionally did pop back onto MTA:Race, only if there were players. It had its ups and downs and that, but yeah... great community there. Eventually the clan leader, Wicked_Ice, wanted to invite me into his own clan. He accepted that I'm already in two clans and Slick encouraged me too, so I joined and I also skipped all recruiting steps. That's how I got into [AGS].

Eventually, he couldn't maintain the server any longer, and control was handed over to Mouldy, who he is thankful of. After a big while, Wicked_Ice became not-so-active so he decided to hand the clan's control over to Mouldy as well, essentially making him the leader of the clan. Later, Wicked actually went and met Mouldy in person, I'm sure they had a great time, it looked like they did. Strange how video games can actually bring together relationships like this.

Anyways, to this day I rarely play anymore due to the excessive work needed with Year 12. My trial exams start in 3 weeks from now. I'm writing this at 4:00 AM because I'm bored of doing normal essays. That pretty much sums up my history with the GTASA community out there, hope you learnt something about me. I better get some sleep now. Bye!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:42:04 AM by 1thwonder »

DragonMaster

Re: Umm.. Hey!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
Nice story KillFrenzy and good luck in school. I know how hard it is, even though I'm only in year 8.

Offline DemonSeed

• Facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
  • Don't try to force your PC dick down my throat.
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »
Thats a nice story man :D

You should come and race with us some time, we are on all the time :)
Created by 1thwonder

KillFrenzy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:51:59 PM »
Yeah, I'd be completely finished by sometime in October, then I could take a step into the real world of work. I would perhaps come and join you as well DemonSeed :P

Offline Grim_Reeper

• Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +65535/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:20:08 AM »
Very nice story about yourself man, it is indeed great when you finish grade 12. I used to only play on weekends for the duration of grade 12. When I finished grade 12 I remained jobless for about 6 months (shocking I know) but yeh I played MTA pretty much the whole time, was fun, especially when DRuG was loaded ;D

Just before I saw DRuG in MTA:Race, I was admin on another server that was also an Australian one, it wasn't a clanserver but was really fun. Then DRuG came along and I hung around there for quite a while.

-------------------------------------------------------

KillFrenzy

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 03:44:41 AM »
I'm also admin on the DRuG servers, and admin on the AGS SA:MP server. Dabombber's fully fledged admin script is the most awesome SA:MP admin script I've work with so far. I'm also the maker of the Low Detail Mod, which I did tweak over time.

I might continue the story. The future plans...

Well, after I finish year 12, I'm pretty sure I want to do something with computers. Either fixing them, building them, being a networking expert, or even software development. I'm pretty sure I'll remain jobless for at least a month after Year 12 ends. During this time I aim to complete the gamemode for MTA:DM specifically made for the people in AGS, so that we all finally are able to move to MTA:DM, the first step to merging the two communities. Mouldy is happy to host it for me once its finally complete, and I might need to promote it. You might meet some of those people then, or perhaps race with some of them cause I can say a few of them are fast racers.

I don't expect them to suddenly join you though, they'd more likely be sticking to the AGS server. However, while they're in MTA:DM, they might explore some of the other servers around. Anyways, I'm planning to go to University and study some kind of thing, not sure which. Or I could just go straight into the workforce. I'd rather go straight into the workforce if I can though, and move my way up from having experience.

That's as far as my future plans go for now. Oh yeah, if I make enough money, I'd love to start up a server hosting company as well. Perhaps Davo might help me with that in the long future, who knows. Well, that's it for now :P

Offline Demiveil

• Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:05:54 AM »
I'm guessing in Australia Grade 12 is your last year of school? and I'm also guessing that means you have spent 12 years at school at the end of Grade 12...Cause here in New Zealand I'm halfway through Year 13, which is our last year. Odd

Good story about ya man, Theres much I didn't know about, but I guess this is the internet so its hardly surprising.

KillFrenzy

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »
The 12 years doesn't include Kindergarten I think, lol. After that, Year 1 starts (I think). Years 1-6 is the first part of school, then Years 7-10 is high school. Years 11-12 is optional, but I chose to continue anyway. So I'm basically in my 13th year :)

Offline Demiveil

• Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:53:48 AM »
Nah our one doesn't include Kindergarten either.

Year 1-6 Primary School
Year 7-8 Intermediate
Year 9-13 High School

DragonMaster

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:51:53 AM »
Intermediate?

For me it's:
1-7 Primary School
8-12 High School

KillFrenzy

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:11:57 AM »
Yeah, to make mine simple:

Kindergarten: Well.. Primary School
1-6: Primary School
7-10: High School
11-12: Optional, but recommended

Offline Demiveil

• Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »
I think Intermediate here is just an extension of Primary School, though usually its a different school.

anything